Class size is limited and not all applicants are selected for participation in the program. Applications should be received by the following deadlines to be assured of consideration for admission:
Fall - June 1
Spring - November 1
Summer - April 1
1. Apply for Admission to UA - Pulaski Tech.
2. Apply to the program after submitting your Admissions application to UA-PTC.
3. Official Transcript: You must request an official transcript from your high school or previous college(s). The transcript must be in the sealed envelope from the institution if you drop it off in the Admissions office. Your high school or college can mail your transcript to us at the following address:
University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College
Office of Admissions
3000 West Scenic Drive
North Little Rock, AR 72118
4. Test Scores: First-time college students must score a 13 or above on the Reading section of the ACT OR a 55 or above on the Reading section of the Accuplacer to be admitted to UA-PTC. Test scores must be less than 5 years old. You can ask your high school to include your test scores on your official transcript OR request your test scores be sent from ACT to UA - Pulaski Tech. Take the Accuplacer at UA-PTC! Prospective paramedic applicants must pay a $25.25 fee for the FISDAP entrance exam. FISDAP entrance scores must be no more than one year old.
5. Immunization (Shot) Records: UA-PTC requires proof of two (2) MMRs (measles, mumps, rubella) for students born after January 1, 1957. Additionally, the EMS program requires a current TB skin test and a Hepatitis B vaccination, titer or waiver. Shot records must be turned in within the first 30 days of the semester.
6. Documentation: A copy of a current AHA Healthcare Provider card must be submitted by applicants to the EMT program.
All of the above documentation, including proof of required development coursework, must be submitted for an applicant to be considered for acceptance to the program. Students are accepted contingent on having a clear drug screen and passing a criminal background check from a UA-PTC approved agency The Arkansas Department of Health, Section of EMS requires an additional State background check and requires applicants to have an additional Federal background check if you have not lived in Arkansas for the past five (5) years.
All EMS students must be able to meet the physical and mental requirements to ensure the safe performance of basic and/or advanced life support procedures and activities as listed in the essential job functions of the department.
Information about admissions for international students is available on our International Admissions webpage.