UA-PTC student Alisa McConnell, shares the success she has experienced as a student in UA-PTC's 3D Program. This video was also edited and produced by Alisa during her practicum internship via the 3D Program with the UA-PTC college webmaster where she learned video editing skills.
What is 3D?
The UA-PTC 3D Program is Defining the Dimensions of Diversity by providing
post-secondary educational opportunities to a diverse student population.
UA-PTC 3D Program Mission Statement
Our mission is to provide access to high-quality education that promotes
student learning and enables individuals with developmental disabilities to
develop to their fullest potential through unique, targeted programs for
business and industry.
UA-PTC 3D Program Vision Statement
Our vision is to be a leading educational program, focused on student success
and recognized for excellence in education and workforce development for
individuals with developmental disabilities.
About Our Program
The University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College’s 3D Program offers young
adults with Intellectual and/or
developmental disabilities (IDD) post-secondary education and preparation
for employment through its certificate programs. The 3D program promotes and
assists in life skill and technical skill development in the areas of culinary
arts, hospitality, and baking. It is a post-high school program.
Who is eligible to apply?
The requirements for admission to the 3D program:
- Be over the age of 18 prior to the first day of class;
- Display a desire to continue academic, career development, social and
independent living instruction at the University of Arkansas-Pulaski Technical
- Have a passion for Culinary Arts, Baking and Pastry Arts or Hospitality;
- Display a desire to obtain gainful employment upon graduation;
- Have a cognitive and /or developmental disability that interferes with
their academic performance and social development. The applicant must have
been (or is presently) eligible for special education and related services
under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA);
- Have sufficient emotional, behavioral, and independent living skills
necessary to participate in coursework and campus life;
- Be able to work independently for most of the day;
- Demonstrate the ability to accept responsibility for his/her actions and
maintain respect for him/her and others and have no history of disruptive or
- Be able to perform at an academic level with or without accommodations;
- Be independent in handling his/her own medication, specialized dietary,
and/or medical needs. Staff is not available to manage/administer
medications. The 3D Program does not take responsibility for specialized
diets or medical needs;
- Participate in an interview with and without support from family/support
person, if selected for an interview;
- Complete a reading and writing sample during the interview, if selected;
- Be able to attend all classes, tutoring and mentoring sessions, etc.
once accepted to the Program;
- Have completed a high school program; and
- Be available to attend a University of Arkansas-Pulaski Technical
College 3D Program Summer Orientation, if accepted.
For additional information, contact UA-PTC 3D Director Bailey Smith
at [email protected] or call (501)
University of Arkansas – Pulaski Technical College Little Rock-South
13000 Interstate 30
Little Rock, AR 72210
Google Driving Directions to Little Rock-South