Skip To Main Content

You Are Here:

Apply for Educational Benefits with the VA

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Before you can receive VA educational benefits, you must apply to the VA to activate them.

  1. Go to the online VA application. If you were in the military, you complete a 22-1990 form; if you are a dependent, you complete a 22-5490 form. Be sure to bring a copy of this form in when you visit us for the first time.
  2. Several weeks after you submit your VA application, you will receive your Certificate of Eligibility in the mail. You must submit this Certificate to the Veteran Services Office to begin receiving benefits at UA - Pulaski Tech.

Benefits Comparison Chart

How do I transfer my benefits from another school?

If you have received VA benefits at another college, you need to complete a Change of Program or Place of Training form in the Veterans Services office. Service members and Post 9/11 recipients should complete a 22-1995. Dependents should complete a 22-5495.

How do I change my degree plan?

You must complete the appropriate forms with both the UA - Pulaski Tech Office of Admissions and Records and the Veterans Services Office. Veterans and individuals receiving Post 9/11 must complete a 22-1995. Dependents complete a 22-5495.

Can I use my MYCAA at UA -Pulaski Tech?

Yes. Once you have registered with MYCAA and have their approval, MYCAA sends UA - Pulaski Tech your information. You should register for your classes before you apply for MYCAA because you must give them specific cost information.