Skip To Main Content

You Are Here:

F-1 Transfer Student Required Documents

Saturday, June 15, 2024

UA-PTC Main Campus building1. Complete Student Application

2. Proof of English Language Proficiency:

  • Courses at The University of Arkansas-Pulaski Technical College are conducted in English. If English is not the student’s native language, proof of English Language Proficiency must be submitted.

Proof of English Language Proficiency can be one of the following:

  • TOEFL Score report of 500 (paper), 173 (computer), or 61 (Internet) on the exam.
  • IELTS Overall Band Score of 5.5.
  • Proof of graduation from an Intensive Language Program in the U.S.
  • ACT Score of 19 on the English Language portion of the exam.
  • Proof of completion of English Composition I with a C or better from an accredited U.S. College or University

3. Academic Records: During the application process students must submit official transcripts from their highest level of education, such as high school or college.

  • Secondary Records: At the minimum, the student must provide proof they have completed the equivalent of U.S. High School.
  • College or University Official Transcripts: Student’s will be required to submit transcripts from every college or university they have attended.
  • Include a certified translation if documents are not in English.

Transcripts are considered official with the following information:

  • Include a graduation date, if applicable
  • Bear the original seal of the awarding institution, be certified by the U.S. Embassy or Consulate, or be certified by the Ministry of Education in your home country.
  • Be an original document or a certified photocopy that bears the original seal of the awarding institution.
  • Faxes, scanned images, un-certified photocopies and online transcripts are not accepted

4. Proof of financial support: International students who plan to continue under an F-1 visa are required to provide UA Pulaski Technical College with a statement and supporting documents of financial solvency for the first year of study in the U.S. The following is required:

  • Complete Financial Statement Form
  • Include supporting financial documents within these guidelines:
    • Bank information dated within the past 6 months showing a minimum of $20,000 available for each academic year of study.
    • Bank information can be from a U.S. or Foreign bank and must include the signature of a bank official.
    • Funds need to be converted to USD
    • Bank Reference Letters for the applicant or sponsor will need to be written in English.
    • Funding can be from one, or a combination of, the following: Applicant’s personal funds or Funds from a sponsor (Parent, Relative or Private).

5. ACT or COMPASS scores: The ACT and the COMPASS are placement test used to measure reading, writing and math abilities. Students who have not completed the equivalents to English Composition I and College Algebra will need to submit ACT or COMPASS scores.

6. Complete SEVIS Requirements

7. A copy of current INS Documents:

  • A copy of student’s most current I-20. May not be expired.
  • I-94 Card. A copy will be kept for documentation for student’s record. If the student’s I-94 is digital, visit
  • A copy of the student’s unexpired passport
  • A copy of the student’s visa

8. Proof of having received 2 MMR immunizations. This is a combined Measles, Mumps, Rubella shot that is required for enrollment.

9. Proof of a Tuberculosis screening with the past six months as required by the State of Arkansas.

10. Proof of Health Insurance Coverage in the U.S. See Health Insurance for more information on purchasing a Health Insurance Policy.

11. Students transferring from another college, university or intensive English language program will need to provide confirmation of the transfer of SEVIS information from their current school.