Tech Science Fair garners scholarships for six students
The Technical Sciences Fair held at UA-PTC on Oct. 18 was a big success, with students from various programs meeting with prospective employers and competing for scholarships.
Six students earned scholarships in the HAAS Machining/CNC Competition sponsored by the HAAS Foundation, who provided $7,500 in student scholarship funds.
The Student Competition Scholarship Award winners were:
- Emily Plischke $3,000
- Jackson Day $2,000
- Jacob Riddle $1,000
- Lyndsie Koonce $500
- Aiden Slaughter $500
- Christian Daniel $500
Catering sponsored by Entergy Corporation during information sessions where they shared about career opportunities available from Entergy and many other industry partners.
Learn more about Tech Sciences at UA – Pulaski Tech here: uaptc.edu/college-academics/degrees-and-certificates/technical-sciences
Pictured, from left: Nathan Goodman, (Entergy Superintendent, Outage and Process), Tommy Ball (Entergy Superintendent, Area Substations), Dr. Krystal Thurman (Entergy), Emily Plischke (UA-PTC student), Michele Grainger (UA-PTC Foundation), Dr. Angela Kremers (UA-PTC Dean of School of Technical Sciences and Professional Studies), Dr. Rick Barker (UA-PTC Director of Technical Sciences)
- UA - Pulaski Tech diesel technician program receives national accreditation
- Culinary graduate and MasterChef star Jennifer Maune joins UA - Pulaski Tech Board of Visitors
- Science and Health clubs learn about genetic testing
- UA System Board approves UA – Pulaski Tech 2023-26 Strategic Plan
- Fall break starts Nov. 20; Campus Closed for Thanksgiving Holiday Nov. 22-24
- Student Spotlight: Andrew Allen