Application to UA-PTC's H-VOLT Academy program is open until Jan. 7
UA - Pulaski Tech's High Voltage Lineman Training (H-VOLT) Academy program began accepting applications on Monday, Nov. 7 for the May 2023 class. The deadline to apply is Saturday, Jan. 7, 2023.
Students applying must:
- Be a high school/GED graduate and at least 18 years of age by the first day of class
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Hold a Career Readiness Certificate (can obtain after applying to the H-VOLT program)
- Pass the height aversion test, drug screen, background check, and physical
The UA-PTC H-VOLT Academy program is a certified power line worker training program designed to provide quality education along with real-world, hands-on instruction to those seeking careers as electrical power line workers. Individuals gain the knowledge and skills needed to install, repair, service, and maintain electrical power lines and supporting equipment. The program includes instruction in electrical circuits and theory, safety, aerial framing, transformers, testing equipment, and more. The program also includes instruction in construction, maintenance, and troubleshooting, as well as pole climbing, pole testing, equipment maintenance, and pole top rescue.
The customized training program will equip students with the industry-specific skills for entry level employment, including an industry-recognized National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) credential. Graduates may obtain employment in the field of electrical power line work with one of our partners: OGE Energy Corporation, Southwestern Electric Power Company, Electric Cooperatives of Arkansas, Chain Electric, Entergy, North Little Rock Electric, Utility Lines Construction Services, 1st Choice Utility Construction.
For questions, contact [email protected] or call (501) 907-6670.
For more information about UA-PTC's H-VOLT Academy program or to apply into the program online, visit uaptc.edu/hvolt.
- Fall 2022 final exams begin Dec. 7
- UA-PTC Food Pantry to distribute food Dec. 1
- Veteran IT employee Wayne Floyd steps into CIO position
- Book Club returns Nov. 30 with You Sound Like a White Girl
- Fall break starts Nov. 21; Campus Closed for Thanksgiving Holiday Nov. 23-26
- Bobbitt Names DeProw Chancellor at UA - Pulaski Technical College