TRiO Veterans Upward Bound grant renewed for 5 years
UA - Pulaski Tech has been awarded $1,488,005 to continue its TRiO Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) program through the year 2027. The program received notice on August 30, 2022 for funding of $297,601 per year for a total of $1,488,005. The funding period is September 1, 2022 - August 31, 2027.
VUB is an education and skills program designed specifically to serve the needs of today's veterans. The VUB mission is to provide qualifying veterans with the skills and motivation necessary to enter and succeed in a post-secondary education program.
VUB offers a unique range of services designed to prepare eligible veterans for success when they enter their chosen educational program, whether it is at a two-year community college, a four-year college or university, or a public or private vocational or technical school. All services including instruction, VUB textbooks, advising, and supplies, are provided FREE of charge.
TRiO Veterans Upward Bound is funded by the U.S. Department of Education and is administered through University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College. VUB serves veterans in Pulaski, Faulkner, Lonoke and Saline counties.
Pictured from left to right: Linda Slater, VUB Assistant Director; Dr. John Lewis, Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid; Mary Kate Snow, Director TRIO Programs/VA Services; Joanna Williams, Administrative Assistant TRIO Programs/VA Services; and Joe Barnello, VUB Academic Coordinator.
- "Generations" shows family's art at Windgate Gallery
- Dietary Manager program celebrates students' certification
- UA-PTC hosts Clothesline Project to raise awareness of domestic violence
- October features several student activities and events at UA-PTC
- October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month: It’s easy to stay safe online
- Grilled Sandwich Company coming to Little Rock-South Tuesday, Oct. 4