Adult Education Center boasts new address, services
The Saline County Adult Education Center, previously located at 16936 I-30 in Benton, has relocated to the University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College Little Rock-South site at 13000 I-30. The new location is newly renovated and provides the same free services offered at the previous location.
UA-PTC Adult Ed. offers the following services: General Equivalency Diploma (GED), English as a Second Language (ESL), academic skills enhancement, and college preparation. Newly introduced at the center is Workforce Alliance for Growth in the Economy (WAGE), a service which focuses on employability skills including resume writing, workforce preparation, and career exploration resulting in career advancement certifications.
“Our goal at UA-PTC Adult Education is to help improve academic skills and prepare students for success in the workplace,” said LaRhonda Fulcher, director of the center. “We serve both Saline and Pulaski Counties. There are approximately 10,954 people in Saline and 26,256 in Pulaski with less than a high school diploma according to the American Community Survey, so there is certainly a need for our program. We look forward to serving the community at our new location!”
Registration is now open for the Fall. Classes begin August 23. For more information visit, www.uaptc.edu/adult-education or call (501) 812-2779 (South site) or (501) 771-6078 (Main Campus, North Little Rock).
- Fine Arts Club hosts Terrifying Tales to Tell at Tech Oct. 28
- Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown! to show at Windgate Gallery
- Flu shots offered to UA-PTC students and employees
- Award-winning actress-singer Solonga to perform at UA-PTC CHARTS Theater
- Calling all artists! Can you create a new UA-PTC mascot?
- Early Childhood Development program to host open house Nov. 2