Skip To Main Content

You Are Here:

News

Friday, April 26, 2024
Laverne Bell

UA-PTC student wins first place at national conference for future educators

June 28, 2021

UA - Pulaski Tech Education student Laverne Bell represented UA-PTC June 24-27 during the 2021 Educators Rising National Conference. She competed against other students in the collegiate division from around the United States, winning first place in both the Collegiate Impromptu and in the TED Talk Creative Lecture categories.

"I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to represent UA-PTC at the Educators Rising National Conference this year. Through Educators Rising, winning second place regionally this past spring before graduating with my Associate of Arts and my Associate of Liberal Arts and Sciences degrees and now winning first place nationally before completing my Associate of Science in Education this summer have been proud accomplishments. I feel this is a great way to be ending my time as a student at UA - Pulaski Tech," Laverne said.

Educators Rising is a professional organization that supports students who are interested in education-related careers. For more information about Educators Rising, visit www.educatorsrising.org.

Information about the different education programs offered at UA-PTC are available at www.uaptc.edu/education.

Back to Newsroom

Other News You Might Like