UA-PTC Inclement Weather Policy
In the event that the weather is so severe that the college administration believes that life and property may be in danger, the chancellor of the college may cancel classes until weather conditions improve. When such a decision is made, the news media will be notified. Students should watch for such announcements on Little Rock area television stations.
If there is no announcement, students should assume the college is open.
Because University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College is a commuter campus, inclement weather has a greater adverse impact than on a residential campus. The effects fall unevenly on individual students as road conditions and circumstances vary. Thus, individual decisions are required when hazardous weather conditions exist but the college is officially open.
If the college closes or changes hours of operation because of adverse weather conditions, the college will post the news to the college website, www.uaptc.edu. In addition, the news will be posted to the college Facebook and Twitter accounts. The college also recommends that all students and employees sign up with the RAVE text alert system on the UA-PTC Portal. When you sign up, all closures or changes in hours of operation will be delivered directly to your cell phone.
Sign up for RAVE text alerts.
- Phi Beta Lambda to host first virtual meeting Oct. 19
- Application to UA-PTC'S Practical Nursing program opens Oct. 15
- Finish Line Cafe at Little Rock-South closed Oct. 6
- UA-PTC Food Pantry to distribute food Oct. 14
- Spring 2022 registration is open for current students; Oct. 19 for new students
- UA-PTC hosts Clothesline Project to raise awareness of domestic violence