Surgical Tech Program to host open house
The Surgical Technology Program is holding an open house on Thursday, Sept. 19, noon – 4 p.m., to celebrate National Surgical Technologist Week. Everyone is welcome to come by to enjoy cake, punch, talk to current students, meet the faculty, and learn about the newest Allied Health program at UA-PTC.
The Surgical Tech Program is located in the Allied Health Education Center Building First Floor on Main Campus.
Surgical technologists typically perform the following duties:
- Prepare operating rooms for surgery
- Sterilize equipment and make sure that there are adequate supplies for surgery
- Ready patients for surgery, such as by washing and disinfecting incision sites
- Help surgeons during surgery by passing them instruments and other sterile supplies
- Count supplies, such as surgical instruments, to ensure that no foreign objects are retained in patients
- Maintain a sterile environment to prevent patient infection
- Fine Arts Club hosts Terrifying Tales to Tell at Tech Oct. 28
- Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown! to show at Windgate Gallery
- Flu shots offered to UA-PTC students and employees
- Award-winning actress-singer Solonga to perform at UA-PTC CHARTS Theater
- Calling all artists! Can you create a new UA-PTC mascot?
- Early Childhood Development program to host open house Nov. 2