Agreement with UCA gives UA-PTC students access to UCA resources
University of Central Arkansas President Houston Davis and University of Arkansas-Pulaski Technical College Chancellor Margaret Ellibee signed a memorandum of understanding Aug. 7 to enter into a Bear Partners agreement.
The partnership gives UA-PTC students who are pursuing an associate degree access to academic resources at UCA, along with the opportunity to explore UCA and participate in campus activities.
"Ensuring that students can attain their educational goals is our highest priority at UA - Pulaski Tech,” said UA-PTC Chancellor Margaret Ellibee. “This partnership strengthens and sustains the close relationship between UA-PTC and UCA in a way that reaps immediate benefits for our students. It’s a win-win for both institutions and for the community we serve. Providing as many educational opportunities as possible with our university partners enables students to continue their educations flexibly and efficiently.”
Highlights of the Bear Partners program include the following for UA-PTC students:
- UCA ID card
- Admission to regular season UCA athletic events
- Admission to select Reynolds Performance Hall events
- Access to Torreyson Library resources (in-person or online)
- Application fee waiver when student transfers to UCA
UCA and UA-PTC currently have 67 existing “2+2” transfer agreements, providing a clear pathway to both an associate degree at UA-PTC and a baccalaureate degree at UCA. These agreements allow students to seamlessly transfer to UCA with no loss of credits.
“We are pleased to partner with UA-PTC on the Bear Partners program and continue to strengthen our relationship with the college,” said UCA President Houston Davis. “This program will allow UA-PTC students to explore UCA, experience our campus life and gain access to key UCA resources prior to the completion of an associate degree at UA-PTC.”
UA-PTC students can enroll in the Bear Partners program by visiting www.uca.edu/bearpartners. For more information about UA-PTC transfer agreements, visit our Transfer Agreements-Articulation page.
For photo highlights from the signing, visit our Bear Partners Agreement gallery.
Photo Caption: (from left) UA-PTC Dean of Student Affairs Mason Campbell, UA-PTC Provost Marla Strecker, UCA Provost Patricia Poulter, UA-PTC Chancellor Margaret Ellibee, UCA President Houston Davis, UCA Associate Provost for Academic Success Kurt Boniecki, UCA Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management Kevin Thomas, UCA Transfer Services Director Brian Corbin
- Bobbitt Names Hunt Interim Chancellor at UA-PTC
- Virtual Finance Club seeks officers
- Study shows UA-PTC achieves stronger, more equitable student achievement through ACUE teaching methods
- Knock out registration and advising June 23 and 25
- National Council For Workforce Education Selects UA - Pulaski Tech For National Green Jobs Advisory Council
- Summer II payment deadline is July 5