Power Sports students and faculty recognized at Harley Davidson event
UA-PTC Power Sports and Collision Repair faculty and students were recognized for their excellence and hard work at the grand opening of the new Rock City Harley-Davidson dealership at 400 Gateway Grove Loop in Little Rock, near the I-30 / I-430 interchange. In collaboration with builders from the dealership, they created a custom bike, the “Alka Hauler,” that ranked in the top five bikes in its category in the U.S. as part of the international “Battle of the Kings” competition.
Rock City and Harley-Davidson corporate management took time out of their massive grand opening event to praise the students and staff for their craftsmanship and valuable contribution to the project, and announced that UA-PTC will receive $2,000 in shop tools from Snap-on as a reward for partnering with Rock City See more photos here.
Pictured are (from left) Jacob Standley, Bentley Wallace, Gary White, Michael Slater, Darryl Beard, Murry Chappelle, and Sam Gregory.
- Fall break starts Nov. 22; Campus Closed for Thanksgiving Holiday Nov. 24-27
- Main Campus Library closed until Nov. 22
- Broadway’s Next Hit Musical to visit UA-PTC CHARTS Theater
- Book buyback on; rented textbooks due Dec. 16
- UA-PTC Food Pantry to distribute food Nov. 18
- UA-PTC mascot design submission deadline extended to Dec. 3