UA-PTC Inclement Weather Policy
Inclement Weather Policy
In the event that the weather is so severe that the college administration believes that life and property may be in danger, the chancellor of the college may cancel classes until weather conditions improve. When such a decision is made, the news media will be notified. Students should watch for such announcements on Little Rock area television stations.
If there is no announcement, students should assume the college is open.
Because University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College is a commuter campus, inclement weather has a greater adverse impact than on a residential campus. The effects fall unevenly on individual students as road conditions and circumstances vary. Thus, individual decisions are required when hazardous weather conditions exist but the college is officially open.
If the college closes or changes hours of operation because of adverse weather conditions, the college will post the news to this website. In addition, the news will be posted to the college Facebook and Twitter accounts. The college also recommends that all students and employees sign up with the RAVE text alert system on the UA-PTC Portal. When you sign up, all closures or changes in hours of operation will be delivered directly to your cell phone.
Sign up for RAVE text alerts here.
- UA-PTC sees continued increased in free Rock Region METRO Bus Pass usage
- 2019-20 CHARTS LIVE series individual ticket on-sale is July 22
- UA-PTC welcomes a new Director of Human Resources, Britni Elder
- UA–PTC Culinary School Receives WorldChef Recognition, Best Choice Schools ranking
- College closes for Independence Day
- UA-PTC to host exhibit of African Wax Prints; Korto Momolu to speak