Annual Student Competitive award winners announced
Hunter Ashbrooks Landscape won first place and Eun Young You's work Crystallographic was selected as runner-up in this year's Student Competitive art competition. The juror for the competition was award-winning artist and UA-PTC alumnae Louise Mandumbwa.
Mandumbwa wrote that Alsbrook "demonstrated finesse in the visual shorthand and restraint they exercised in their composition. I like that there's a stylistic air to how they've presented the scene."
On You's illustration, she wrote, "the tension between the organic and geometric use of line is something I kept coming back to after looking at the different submissions."
As a former visual art student here at UA-PTC, Mandumbwa was an award winner herself when her work was included in the annual exhibition.
Alsbrook and You will be recognized during Celebrating Student Milestones on Thursday, April 28 at The Center for Humanities and Arts (CHARTS) at the Main Campus. The reception will start at 5:30 p.m. in the CHARTS Lobby and the program will begin at 6 p.m. inside the CHARTS theatre. The Windgate Gallery will be open to the public for the event. The Student Competitive will be on display until Thursday, May 5.
Pictured: Landscape by Hunter Ashbrook
- Bobbitt Names Hunt Interim Chancellor at UA-PTC
- Virtual Finance Club seeks officers
- Study shows UA-PTC achieves stronger, more equitable student achievement through ACUE teaching methods
- Knock out registration and advising June 23 and 25
- National Council For Workforce Education Selects UA - Pulaski Tech For National Green Jobs Advisory Council
- Summer II payment deadline is July 5