Diamond Chef Arkansas On Demand to heat up screens April 22
After two postponements of the 13th annual Diamond Chef Arkansas, the show must go on. And it will, virtually, at 6 p.m. on Thursday, April 22.
Sponsorships and tickets are available for purchase starting at $75 at www.uaptc.edu/diamondchef.
Diamond Chef On-Demand, a virtual event, is an evening of food, fun and philanthropy benefitting University of Arkansas - Pulaski Tech College. The new format promises to deliver the action-packed culinary showdown and creative cuisine experiences guests have come to love, including specially prepared and delivered food and dessert boxes to enjoy while they watch.
The event is co-chaired by writer and professional wine educator Lorri Hambuchen and nationally esteemed restaurateur Mary Beth Ringgold. They will host a watch party beginning at 5:30 p.m. co-hosted by local influencers Jennifer Muane and Chef Chad Mackey.
This year’s competitors are:
- Chef Jordan Davis (Chenal Country Club) **2019 Diamond Chef Champion
- Chef Bonner Cameron (Allsopp & Chappele)
- Chef Matias De Matthaeis (The Alotian Club)
- Chef Joseph Salguiero (Pleasant Valley Country Club)
- Chef Brian Townley (Executive Chef)
- Chef Geovanny Villagran (La Casa de mi Abuelita - Mawmaw's House)
“The pandemic has given us an opportunity to think outside the box to bring something fresh into your homes and on your screens,” says event coordinator, Adora Curry, “We hope that these changes will excite people enough to purchase tickets and attend.”
Proceeds from Diamond Chef Arkansas benefit the University of Arkansas Technical College. By now, everyone has been impacted in some way from the pandemic. For many of our students, the impact has been traumatic because they work and study in industries that put them on the frontlines in the battle against Covid-19, but they brave it every day because they are committed. Support of Diamond Chef On Demand not only assists students financially in their academic pursuits, it also serves as a thank you to them and the competing chefs for their service and sacrifice.
For more information, contact Adora Curry at (501) 812-2771 or [email protected].
About the University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College Foundation Inc.
The UA-PTC Foundation Inc. is the official fundraising and private gift administrator for the college and its programs. Established as a nonprofit organization for educational purposes, the Foundation seeks and accepts tax-deductible gifts and manages these funds and bequests for the benefit of the college. Diamond Chef Arkansas is UA-PTC Foundation’s largest fundraiser of the year. Proceeds from the event support the college’s mission to provide access to high-quality education that promotes student learning and enables individuals to develop to their fullest potential. For more information about the UA-PTC Foundation, please visit www.uaptc.edu/foundation.
- Spring 2022 registration opens Oct. 5 for current students; Oct. 19 for new students
- Saline County College Fair offers low-down on higher ed Sept. 30
- Celebrate the freedom to read with Banned Books Week, Sept. 26 - Oct. 2
- Student Organization Fair set for Sept. 22
- Constitution Day is Sept.17
- Campus Resource Fairs set for Sept. 14 and 16