PPG Foundation grants $11,000 to UA-PTC for workforce development
The PPG Foundation’s generous $11,000 grant will be used to purchase 14 new computer systems and monitors for UA-PTC's Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) lab at our Business and Industry Center (BIC). This will allow current and future students to train on modern systems that they would use in a real-world workplace environment so that UA-PTC can continue to meet the growing employment needs of our state’s businesses and industries.
Students across multiple industries, including in-demand careers such as millwrights and electricians, successfully complete training at UA-PTC BIC in safety and technical competence to maximize their workplace productivity. Our customized training programs help ensure that Central Arkansas has a competitive workforce that is well-equipped for the technical requirements of 21st century jobs.
Photo Caption: Pictured from left to right: Dr. Bentley Wallace (UA-PTC Dean of Technical and Professional Studies), Michele Grainger (UA-PTC Foundation), Ron Glover (PPG), Reda Underwood (PPG), Joshua Ang Price (UA-PTC Foundation), Vice Chancellor Shannon Boshears (UA-PTC Foundation), Jeremy Morehead (UA-PTC BIC)
- UA-PTC receives TRiO funding to serve first-generation college students
- Celebrate the freedom to read at Banned Books Week Sept. 27 – Oct. 3
- Surgical Tech Program celebrates Surgical Tech Week, Sept. 20-26
- BIC offers Future Fit training program
- Free online and in-person tutoring services available
- Spring 2021 registration opens in October