UA-PTC offers free HIV testing Nov. 19
UA - Pulaski Tech students, faculty, and staff can receive free, confidential HIV testing Tuesday, Nov. 19, from 10:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m., at the Campus Center on Main Campus.
Take action! To be tested, check in at the table in the lobby of the campus center. You’ll receive further instructions on the confidential, on-site testing location at that time.
HIV, which stands for human immunodeficiency virus, is the disease that causes AIDS. According to the Centers for Disease Control, HIV weakens a person’s immune system by destroying important cells that fight disease and infection. No effective cure exists for HIV. But with proper medical care, HIV can be controlled. Getting tested is vitally important to treatment and prevention of the illness.
This service is provided in recognition of World AIDS Day, which falls on Dec. 1 annually. Learn more at www.worldaidsday.org.
- Calling all artists! Can you create a new UA-PTC mascot?
- Early Childhood Development program to host open house Nov. 2
- Registration is open for Spring 2022
- Application to UA-PTC'S Practical Nursing program are open
- Phi Beta Lambda to host first virtual meeting Oct. 19
- Application to UA-PTC'S Practical Nursing program opens Oct. 15