UA-PTC and UCA to be “Bear Partners” Aug. 7
University of Arkansas-Pulaski Technical College and the University of Central Arkansas are entering into a “Bear Partners” agreement that will present benefits to UA-PTC transfer students who plan to attend UCA. UA-PTC Chancellor Margaret Ellibee UCA and President Houston Davis will sign a memorandum of understanding at 10 a.m. Wednesday, August 7 during a ceremony in the Performance Studio adjacent to the lobby of the UA-PTC Center for Humanities and Arts.
The college community and the public are invited.
The Bear Partners Program will give UA-PTC students an opportunity to explore UCA and participate in campus activities prior to the completion of an associate degree at UA-PTC. Some of the benefits include:
- FREE UCA ID card
- FREE admission to regular season UCA athletic events
- FREE admission to select Reynolds Performance Hall events
- An opportunity to apply for the Bear Partner scholarship
- Access to Torreyson Library resources (in-person or online)
- An opportunity to add BearBucks to ID card
- Application fee waiver when students transfer to UCA
- Important information about 2+2 transfer opportunities