Don’t miss Small Works on Paper
The Arkansas Arts Council’s Small Works on Paper is an annual juried art exhibition presented by the Arkansas Arts Council, a division of the Department of Arkansas Heritage. UA-PTC’s Windgate Gallery will display the exhibition through Saturday, April 13, 2019. Admission is free and open to the public.
Small Works on Paper artwork is created by Arkansas artists who are members of the Arkansas Artist Registry, an online visual arts resource designed to promote and market Arkansas art. Each year, the Small Works on Paper exhibition tours the state and will be on view at nine locations in 2019.
This year’s entries were juried by Robin Dru Germany, professor of photography and associate director at the School of Art at Texas Tech University. Germany reviewed 354 image submissions to pick the 39 works in the exhibit. She also selected three artists for the following awards:
- Best of Show $500 Award recipient: Markeith Woods of Pine Bluff, mixed media, “Do You Remember What I Worked For?“
- Juror’s Choice $300 award recipient: Daniella Napolitano of Little Rock, linocut, “Curia Regis”
- Merit Award $200 recipient: J.P. Bell of Fayetteville, digital photograph, “Repair of No. 2”
Windgate Gallery hours are 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Fridays; and 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Saturdays.For more information, contact Windgate Gallery and CHARTS Theater Coordinator Debra Wood at (501) 812-2715 or [email protected].
- UA-PTC LR-South and Aerospace sites closed Thursday, April 18
- Big Rock on the Map series presents War Is Hell with authors Elliot Ackerman and Charmaine Craig
- UA-PTC excels at SkillsUSA competition
- Chenal Country Club Chef Jordan Davis is crowned 2019 Diamond Chef Arkansas Champion
- Registration for Summer and Fall semesters is open
- Save the date! 2019 Women in STEM Workshop is Sept. 27