Student focus: CIS student Leslie Chalfant
“I have always had the desire to learn about the IT field, and I finally have the opportunity to go back to school, Leslie said. “I did take the CompTIA A+ 220-901 exam (which is 1 of 2 exams for the A+ certification) and passed. I really am enjoying my professors and classes at UA-PTC. I have had nothing but great satisfaction with this college and staff. I guess they say in the technology world ‘you’re never done with school, because the technology has changed before you learn it.’"
“Leslie wants to transition professionally and took my IT Essentials I class to start our Networking program,” said Instructor of Computer Information Systems Mayo Johnson. “He always helps other students, and comes early and stays late to help me with repairing and setting up the computers in class. He plans to complete the A+ and other IT certifications in networking and security.”
The IT Essentials I class is focused on the CompTIA A+ certification , which is an entry-level IT industry certification for PC computer service professionals in installing, maintaining, customizing, troubleshooting, and operating personal computers and operating systems. The A+ certification is sponsored by the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA).
Leslie’s is one of many success stories at UA-PTC! We wish him every success in his educational and professional endeavors.
- UA-PTC, UA Walton College of Business to announce 2+2 agreement
- Allied Health program to host annual Respiratory Therapy seminar
- Big Rock on the Map welcomes artist Louise Mandumbwa at UA-PTC
- Save the Date! Diamond Chef is back with a “Diamond Dozen!”
- Black History Month marked with free musical performance
- Black History Month marked with free musical performances