Arkansas Futures Grant presents great opportunity for many UA-PTC students
The application period has been expanded, and the Arkansas Department of Higher Education will accept new applications through Jan. 5.
Arkansas Futures Grant (ArFuture), is a new state grant program designed to increase the education and skills of Arkansas’s workforce in an affordable manner. The grant will cover tuition and fees for qualifying certificate and Associate degree programs at Arkansas’ public institutions for eligible students enrolled in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) or regional high demand areas of study. The grant is available on a first come, first serve basis.
See the application, details, and the list of eligible programs at UA-PTC here. New programs will be added to the eligibility list in the near future.
“UA-PTC has offered great solutions to the state’s workforce training issues for decades,” says Chancellor Margaret Ellibee. “This grant eliminates the biggest barrier to enrollment and retention- money. Together with Pell Grants and other scholarships, students can attend at literally no cost. The importance of this opportunity cannot be overstated.”
Additional requirements include:
- Recipients agree to receive monthly mentoring from a mentor from an organization determined by the Department of Higher Education.
- Complete at least fifteen (15) hours of community service each semester the student receives a grant.
- Reside in this state for three consecutive years and be employed beginning within six months after receiving an associate degree or a certification. If the student fails to meet this requirement the grant will convert into a loan.
Phone: (501) 812-2231
Fax: (501) 812-2316
Email: [email protected]
- Registration for spring 2019 is under way
- “Who works the river” event set for Wednesday, Oct. 17
- Goodwill Career Fair to assist with job prep
- 200 students to get free flu shots!
- Take Me to the River New Orleans LIVE! adds free film, panel on Oct. 22
- Little Rock – South to host anniversary celebration