UA-PTC Foundation completes capital campaign
An earlier $1 million gift from Windgate Foundation, the largest gift in UA-PTC history, played a significant role in the successful capital campaign, which raised money to furnish and equip the CHARTS facility with art related items. As a result, the art gallery was officially named the “Windgate Gallery” in honor of the Foundation’s gift.
In addition, the Windgate Foundation offered to match any money raised dollar-for-dollar up to $500,000 to create a $1 million operational endowment. UA-PTC raised the necessary matching funds during the following 18-month period.
“This is the first operational endowment at the college, and it will help to sustain our Fine Arts program for many years,” Boshears said. “Our students will benefit greatly from the gifts from the Windgate Foundation and all the generous donors who made this a reality for us.”
Some of the premium items purchased from the capital campaign gifts include two Kawai grand pianos, one of which is a Kawai Shigeru 9-foot concert grand piano, the only one currently in the state. Also, a pit lift for the orchestra pit and an orchestra shell for the theater were purchased to make the theater a state-of-the art venue.
The CHARTS facility is currently booking national traveling exhibitions in the Windgate Gallery and is soon to announce its upcoming season of performing arts including national touring music acts, speakers, comedians and film.
- "Generations" shows family's art at Windgate Gallery
- Dietary Manager program celebrates students' certification
- UA-PTC hosts Clothesline Project to raise awareness of domestic violence
- October features several student activities and events at UA-PTC
- October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month: It’s easy to stay safe online
- Grilled Sandwich Company coming to Little Rock-South Tuesday, Oct. 4