More than 800 graduates participate in UA-PTC commencement
UA - Pulaski Technical College's commencement exercises were held on Saturday, May 14, at Simmons Bank Arena in North Little Rock.
This year, 1,385 graduates earned degrees or certificates, and more than 800 students participated in commencement exercises. Around 90 graduates from 2020 and 2021 participated, taking advantage of the opportunity to attend the College’s first in-person ceremony since 2019.
"When I see our students walk across that stage and receive their degrees, I think about their sacrifices and hard work, and the fact that they persevered," said Chancellor Margaret Ellibee. "They have all of my respect, and I know our faculty feel the same way. It is immensely gratifying to see the hope and enthusiasm in our graduates' faces on Commencement Day."
Raymond Omar Long, who serves on the College Board of Visitors and is Chief Executive Officer of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Arkansas, delivered an inspiring keynote address. "Adversity does not define me," he said. "There isn’t anything a UA-PTC graduate cannot accomplish... Join me in connecting your pursuit of higher education to what you can offer that is bigger than yourself."
A photo gallery from commencement is available on the College's Facebook page. A Facebook account is not required to view the photos.
Congratulations, UA-PTC Class of 2022!
- Bobbitt Names Hunt Interim Chancellor at UA-PTC
- Virtual Finance Club seeks officers
- Study shows UA-PTC achieves stronger, more equitable student achievement through ACUE teaching methods
- Knock out registration and advising June 23 and 25
- National Council For Workforce Education Selects UA - Pulaski Tech For National Green Jobs Advisory Council
- Summer II payment deadline is July 5