UA-PTC 3D students obtain workplace experience: Brianna P.
Spring 2022 3D Externship Student Brianna P. is currently doing her externship at Heartland Nursing Home and Rehabilitation in Benton.
She is working in the dietary department, and is learning about different types of diets for the residents, etc. Heartland is a high paced environment, and Brianna said that she’s going to need a Mt. Dew in the mornings to keep up with the pace! She is doing a great job, and has definitely won over the staff’s hearts already!
Four UA-PTC 3D students, Cameron, Tim, Brianna, and Miyanda, recently began externships for the Spring 2022 semester with various employers throughout Central Arkansas. Through the 3D Program, students with disabilities can complete a three-year intensive culinary curriculum in partnership with Independent Case Management (ICM).
Following graduation, ICM and UA-PTC assist students as they begin careers in the culinary field. Externships are like internships and are provided by partnerships between colleges and employers to give students experiential learning opportunities and practical experiences in their fields of study.
For more information about the 3D program at UA-PTC visit, www.uaptc.edu/3D.
- Bobbitt Names Hunt Interim Chancellor at UA-PTC
- Virtual Finance Club seeks officers
- Study shows UA-PTC achieves stronger, more equitable student achievement through ACUE teaching methods
- Knock out registration and advising June 23 and 25
- National Council For Workforce Education Selects UA - Pulaski Tech For National Green Jobs Advisory Council
- Summer II payment deadline is July 5