UA-PTC 3D students obtain workplace experience: Tim B.
Spring 2022 3D Externship Student Tim B. is currently completing his externship through Southern Administrative Services at The Green House Cottages of Poplar Grove, a nursing and rehabilitation facility in Little Rock.
He is doing a great job, and is working side by side with the dietary staff and his job coach, assisting with preparation, cooking, and cleanup after lunch service to the residents.
Southern Administrative Services (SAS) has numerous facilities around the state, and is a Partner in Employment with UA-PTC 3D. John Montgomery, Interim CEO, said SAS is excited about 3D interns continuing their training through our client facilities. He continued that he ‘loves knowing that Tim is having a great experience.’
Four UA-PTC 3D students, Cameron, Tim, Brianna, and Miyanda, recently began externships for the Spring 2022 semester with various employers throughout Central Arkansas. Through the 3D Program, students with disabilities can complete a three-year intensive culinary curriculum in partnership with Independent Case Management (ICM).
Following graduation, ICM and UA-PTC assist students as they begin careers in the culinary field. Externships are like internships and are provided by partnerships between colleges and employers to give students experiential learning opportunities and practical experiences in their fields of study.
For more information about the 3D program at UA-PTC visit, www.uaptc.edu/3D.
- Bobbitt Names Hunt Interim Chancellor at UA-PTC
- Virtual Finance Club seeks officers
- Study shows UA-PTC achieves stronger, more equitable student achievement through ACUE teaching methods
- Knock out registration and advising June 23 and 25
- National Council For Workforce Education Selects UA - Pulaski Tech For National Green Jobs Advisory Council
- Summer II payment deadline is July 5