Dental Assisting program to host open house March 11
UA-PTC's Dental Assisting Program will host an open house event Friday, March 11 for students interested in a career in dental assisting. The open house is from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. in the Allied Health Education Center Building, Room 229 at the Main Campus in North Little Rock. The public, faculty, and staff are encouraged to attend.
Dental assisting students and faculty will be on hand to provide oral health counseling, offer dental supplies, lead tours of the department and discuss dental assisting as a career.
As a dental assisting professional, you can do any of the following:
- work side by side with a dentist performing dental treatment to help patients restore their teeth with procedures such as restorations, placing implants, surgery, bleaching teeth, root canal treatment, orthodontic treatment, dentures and much more.
- perform diagnostic procedures like taking x-rays and impressions and charting the teeth.
- administer and monitor Nitrous Oxide analgesia.
- assure prevention of disease transmission with the latest infection control methods to protect patients and the dental team.
- perform laboratory procedures to make temporary crowns, bleaching trays, retainers, mouth guards and other appliances.
For more information about the Dental Assisting program at UA-PTC visit, www.uaptc.edu/dental.
- Bobbitt Names Hunt Interim Chancellor at UA-PTC
- Virtual Finance Club seeks officers
- Study shows UA-PTC achieves stronger, more equitable student achievement through ACUE teaching methods
- Knock out registration and advising June 23 and 25
- National Council For Workforce Education Selects UA - Pulaski Tech For National Green Jobs Advisory Council
- Summer II payment deadline is July 5