UA-PTC faculty excel with ACUE certification
Did you know that more than 110 UA - Pulaski Technical College faculty have improved their teaching practices through a program with the Association of College and University Educators (ACUE). This rigorous, evidence based, 25-week course engages instructors with independently validated research to improve student achievement and close equity gaps.
Faculty who complete the program earn a nationally recognized Certificate in Effective College Instruction, the only college teaching credential endorsed by the American Council on Education (ACE). These credentials distinguish faculty (and the college) for their commitment to educational excellence. ACUE completers are awarded a badge that is used in the UA-PTC directory and other places where demonstrating a commitment to excellence is important.
32 faculty are in the current cohort.
The program addresses all of the core competencies defined in ACUE’s Effective Practice Framework© and is organized into five major areas of practice:
- Designing an Effective Course
- Establishing a Productive Learning Environment
- Using Active Learning Strategies
- Promoting Higher Order Thinking
- Assessing to Inform Instruction and Promote Learning
Focus On ACUE Best Practices Implementation
A key feature of our ACUE course design is our emphasis on motivating faculty to implement the teaching practices that promote student engagement, persistence, and academic success.
What is the time commitment?
- The next course begins Fall Semester 2022
- Applications open Spring 2022
- Internal ACUE research indicates that a faculty member spends approximately 2-3 hours of activity per week, on average, in the 25 week course.
For more information, contact UA-PTC’s ACUE cohort facilitator Kiki (Kirsten) Heintz at [email protected] or (501) 351-2317 for more information.
- UA - Pulaski Tech diesel technician program receives national accreditation
- Culinary graduate and MasterChef star Jennifer Maune joins UA - Pulaski Tech Board of Visitors
- Science and Health clubs learn about genetic testing
- UA System Board approves UA – Pulaski Tech 2023-26 Strategic Plan
- Fall break starts Nov. 20; Campus Closed for Thanksgiving Holiday Nov. 22-24
- Student Spotlight: Andrew Allen