Continuing education scholarships available to UA-PTC employees
UA-PTC faculty and staff senates are awarding two scholarships (one to a staff member, one to a faculty member) per academic year to employees in good standing with the institution who wish to advance their education. The scholarships will be in the amount of $250 per recipient and must be spent for continuing education.
Eligibility requirements include:
- The awarded funds must be used for academic pursuits only. This includes but is not limited to tuition, textbooks, certificate programs, and/or professional development related to their position at UA-PTC.
- Applicants must have at least one full calendar year of service to UA-PTC at the time of receiving the scholarship funds.
- Applicants must complete the online application by the end of the respective fall semester to be considered for the scholarship in the spring semester.
- The online application must include the applicant’s name, position, time of service to the institution, and a letter of intent. The letter of intent is an opportunity for applicants to demonstrate their value to the college as well as their intentions for the scholarship funds.
- The application must also include at least one letter of recommendation from a co-worker, supervisor, or a student.
- Scholarship recipients are prohibited from applying two years in a row. Employees who apply but are not chosen to receive these funds may reapply the following fall semester.
Scholarships will be awarded each spring semester to recipients chosen by the UA-PTC employee awards committee. The deadline to apply for the upcoming spring semester is Monday, November 29, 2021.
To apply, visit www.uaptc.edu/employee-scholarship.
For questions, contact the awards committee at [email protected].
- Spring 2022 registration opens Oct. 5 for current students; Oct. 19 for new students
- Saline County College Fair offers low-down on higher ed Sept. 30
- Celebrate the freedom to read with Banned Books Week, Sept. 26 - Oct. 2
- Student Organization Fair set for Sept. 22
- Constitution Day is Sept.17
- Campus Resource Fairs set for Sept. 14 and 16