UA-PTC student wins second place in regional conference for future educators
UA-PTC Education student Laverne Bell recently participated in the Educator Rising Region 6 Conference where she competed against students from other regional colleges, winning second place in the Job Interview category. In this competition, students apply for a job as a paraprofessional, creating a cover letter and resume before sitting for a live interview with the judges.
Laverne was also granted a monetary award at the conference from Phi Delta Kappa for her speech about Educators Rising. The short speech illustrated the power of being an educator.
"I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to participate in Educators Rising before I graduated from UA-PTC. This has been a rewarding experience that has taught me skills that I can apply in my future career as an educator," Laverne said.
This was the first Educator Rising Region 6 Conference for students aspiring to become educators in the state of Arkansas. For more information about Educators Rising, visit www.educatorsrising.org.
For information about education programs offered at UA-PTC, visit www.uaptc.edu/education.
- UA-PTC closed May 30 in observance of Memorial Day
- Variations and Mutations art glass exhibit visits UA-PTC
- More than 800 graduates participate in UA-PTC commencement
- Phi Theta Kappa students make toys for homeless dogs
- New Student Orientation is open for Summer and Fall 2022
- UA-PTC graduate prevails, excels, authors anthology chapter