Academic All-Stars sought for recognition, scholarships
Arkansas Community Colleges’ Academic All-Star Program is seeking student applicants to become UA - Pulaski Technical College’s Academic All-Star.
The Academic All-Star Scholarship is intended to recognize great students who have achieved outstanding academic performance, and who have demonstrated superior service to UA - Pulaski Technical College and the community. Eligibility requirements include:
- Arkansas resident
- Enrolled at UA-PTC and expected to continue enrollment through at least Fall 2021
- Complete a minimum of 24 credit hours by May 13, 2021, in pursuit of an associate degree
- Cumulative grade point average of at least 3.25
- Demonstrated involvement in campus and community activities
- Intent to graduate from UA-PTC with an associate degree by Summer 2022
- Intent to transfer to an Arkansas four-year university upon associate degree completion
The recipient of the Academic All-Star Scholarship will receive a $1500 scholarship for up to two semesters at UA - Pulaski Technical College. This scholarship may only be used for tuition for the Fall 2021 term and Spring 2022 term. The scholarship will be contingent upon the student’s maintenance of a 3.25 cumulative grade point average and completion of at least 12 credit hours per semester. The scholarship may not be used for a summer term.
The UA-PTC Academic All Star will be recognized at the annual Arkansas Community Colleges Conference in October and attendance at the event will be required (whether it is virtual or in person).
Several four-year institutions have previously offered transfer scholarships to all Academic All-Star recipients during the annual conference. This may turn in to a wonderful opportunity to receive an additional scholarship to complete a baccalaureate degree. The Academic All-Star Selection Committee will choose one outstanding student to receive the Academic All-Star Scholarship from all qualifying applicants who apply by Friday, April 16, 2021. If you are chosen as a finalist, you will be called to schedule an interview.
To apply, visit www.uaptc.edu/academic-allstar
Applicants can mail their completed application to the following:
ATTN: Michelle Anderson
UA-PTC Academic All Star Committee
Campus Center Building Room 337
3000 West Scenic Drive
North Little Rock, AR 72118
Incomplete application packets will not be accepted. A complete packet will consist of an Application Questionnaire with signed release authorization, two letters of recommendation, recommendation form, and the typewritten essay.
- UA-PTC student wins "Best in Show" at annual student art competition
- Registration is open for Fall and Summer 2021
- Robert Durham joins UA-PTC as Chief Information Officer
- UA-PTC Career Services hosts Virtual Career Fair
- UA-PTC student wins second place in regional conference for future educators
- Celebrate Health Information Professionals Week April 18-24