"Chat & Chew" discussion to spotlight MLK event speaker
UA – Pulaski Tech will debut its first virtual book club in January 2021. The “Chat & Chew Series,” will meet via Teams on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at noon.
The discussion format will follow the College diversity calendar, selecting books based on the monthly themes. Sign up and FAQ information is posted at www.uaptc.edu/bookclub.
The first selection coincides with a virtual discussion planned with the author.
- Jan. 12 Long Time Coming - Reckoning With Race in America by Dr. Michael Eric Dyson. A bestselling author and academic, Dr. Dyson is the featured speaker at UA-PTC’s annual MLK event. Multiple copies of this title are now available at UA-PTC Ottenheimer Libraries.
- Feb. 9 How to Be an Anti-Racist by Ibram Kendi
Books selections for the following discussions will be announced at later dates. Possible themes are listed with the dates, but these topics are not yet finalized.
- March 9- March Book Theme – Women/ Developmental Disabilities
- April 13- April Book Theme – Autism/ Arab American Heritage
- May – August- Summer Break – librarian picks
- Sept. 14- September Book Theme – Hispanic Heritage
- Oct. 12- October Book Theme – LGBTQ or Domestic Violence Awareness
- Nov. 9- November Book Theme – Native American/ Mental Health
- Dec. 14- December Book Theme – Human Rights/ Poverty
The Chat & Chew Series was planned and initiated by the Chancellor’s Task Force on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. For more information, contact Adora Curry at [email protected].
- UCA Bear Partners Day set for Sept. 29
- October offers exciting events for students
- Financial aid appeal deadline is Oct. 18
- Spring 2022 registration opens Oct. 5 for current students; Oct. 19 for new students
- Saline County College Fair offers low-down on higher ed Sept. 30
- Celebrate the freedom to read with Banned Books Week, Sept. 26 - Oct. 2