College observes Parkinson’s disease awareness activities
UA-PTC is observing Parkinson’s Awareness Week in an effort to raise awareness about the condition. The Science department will be honoring Mr. Dennis Welch, who teaches Biology as a part-time instructor. This year, he will be participating in the walk on April 21 at War Memorial Stadium. Registration is at 9 a.m., and the walk starts at 10 a.m.
Please visit the Science Building the week of April 16-20. You will find lots of information on the annual Parkinson's Foundation Walk. Flyers will be available sharing fast facts about Parkinson's disease, famous people with Parkinson's disease, and information about Mr. Welch.
Also pick up a free wristband to wear to support Mr. Welch. They can be obtained at any science instructor's classroom or office, from Mr. Welch, the biology lab, and the science building office with Ms. Lillie Dixon Room 115, (501) 812-2269. Feel free to call and order some wristbands for your class!Thank you in advance for your support of an instructor who continues to serve our students every semester. His dedication is life changing!
- "Generations" shows family's art at Windgate Gallery
- Dietary Manager program celebrates students' certification
- UA-PTC hosts Clothesline Project to raise awareness of domestic violence
- October features several student activities and events at UA-PTC
- October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month: It’s easy to stay safe online
- Grilled Sandwich Company coming to Little Rock-South Tuesday, Oct. 4