$10,000 Union Pacific Foundation grant to add welding stations at UA-PTC
“Union Pacific has been one of UA-PTC's most supportive neighbors in North Little Rock for many years,” UA-PTC Foundation Executive Director Shannon Boshears said. “We are very grateful for their continued confidence in our programs.”
Dr. Bentley Wallace, Director of Technical and Professional Studies at UA-PTC, said that Union Pacific and UA-PTC both focus on cultivating a diverse and inclusive workforce in Arkansas.
“Our welding program is open to men, women, veterans, persons with disabilities and all nationalities. In addition to making young adults aware of the availability and importance of middle skills jobs, a larger welding program at UA-PTC will be able to up-skill existing workers who are ready to move to the next level of their careers.”
UA-PTC Technical and Professional programs train and develop workers who are proficient in areas that are relevant to Union Pacific's operational needs, i.e. welding, electrical work, machine operations, and civil and electrical engineering. The college offers technical certificates Welding Technology with courses of study in Basic Welding, Shielded Metal Arc Welding, and Gas Tungsten Arc or Gas Metal Arc Welding.
- Easy Recipes for Baking With Kids with Baking Instructor Cathy Kincaid
- UA-PTC, UA Walton College of Business to announce 2+2 agreement
- Allied Health program to host annual Respiratory Therapy seminar
- Big Rock on the Map welcomes artist Louise Mandumbwa at UA-PTC
- Save the Date! Diamond Chef is back with a “Diamond Dozen!”
- Black History Month marked with free musical performance