Sharon Cantrell named Director of Workforce Development and Community Education
Sharon has served on the senior leadership team at the University of Arkansas at Monticello (UAM) College of Technology McGehee as Assistant Vice Chancellor for Technical Education since May 2010. Prior to her AVC position, she was the Project Coordinator for Workforce Development and Workforce Ed Instructor for 18 years. During her tenure at UAM she was selected as the employee of the year in 2008 and 2017 and recognized by the chancellor in 2017 for outstanding contribution to student success.
During her tenure at UAM and prior to relocating to Little Rock, she served on the following boards/committees: Delta Area Community Foundation Board of Directors; Delta Area Community Foundation Giving Tree Grants Selection Committee; Dumas New Tech School Vocational Advisory Board; Dumas and McGehee Chambers of Commerce; Desha County Hometown Health Improvement Project; Workforce Alliance for Growth in the Economy State Advisory Board; Mid-Delta Workforce Alliance Board; and the Single Parent Scholarship Board of Directors.
Sharon holds a bachelor’s degree in early childhood education and a master’s degree in educational leadership from University of Arkansas at Monticello. She lives with her family in Little Rock. Her wife, Heather, is a nurse practitioner for Arkansas Primary Care in Little Rock, and their daughter, Zoey, is two years old.
- Fine Arts Club hosts Terrifying Tales to Tell at Tech Oct. 28
- Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown! to show at Windgate Gallery
- Flu shots offered to UA-PTC students and employees
- Award-winning actress-singer Solonga to perform at UA-PTC CHARTS Theater
- Calling all artists! Can you create a new UA-PTC mascot?
- Early Childhood Development program to host open house Nov. 2