UA-PTC Participates in Great ShakeOut Earthquake Drill
Help us keep our students and community prepared and safe by encouraging participation in this year’s Great Central ShakeOut. Earthquake drill will be on Oct. 18 at 10:18 a.m. Each year more than 25 million people participate in Great ShakeOut Earthquake Drills worldwide, in K-12 schools, colleges, businesses, government agencies, other organizations, and households. Participants practice "Drop, Cover, and Hold On” (and other aspects of their emergency plans).
We request all of you to participate in this year’s Shakeout drill wherever you may be at drill time. UA-PTC Drill will be held at 10:18 a.m. on October 18, 2018. This is when most people will participate, but you are welcome to shift the time to the start or end of your class. As many students may not be in class at this time, you are welcome to hold similar drills in other classes this day as well.
We especially encourage you and your employees or students to hold a brief drill starting at 10:18 AM with a few minute discussion afterwards.
For more information about the worldwide Great ShakeOut Earthquake Drill, visit www.ShakeOut.org. For suggested Earthquake tips, visit www.uaptc.edu/earthquake
- "Generations" shows family's art at Windgate Gallery
- Dietary Manager program celebrates students' certification
- UA-PTC hosts Clothesline Project to raise awareness of domestic violence
- October features several student activities and events at UA-PTC
- October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month: It’s easy to stay safe online
- Grilled Sandwich Company coming to Little Rock-South Tuesday, Oct. 4