UA-PTC Participates in Great ShakeOut Earthquake Drill
Help us keep our students and community prepared and safe by encouraging participation in this year’s Great Central ShakeOut. Earthquake drill will be on Oct. 18 at 10:18 a.m. Each year more than 25 million people participate in Great ShakeOut Earthquake Drills worldwide, in K-12 schools, colleges, businesses, government agencies, other organizations, and households. Participants practice "Drop, Cover, and Hold On” (and other aspects of their emergency plans).
We request all of you to participate in this year’s Shakeout drill wherever you may be at drill time. UA-PTC Drill will be held at 10:18 a.m. on October 18, 2018. This is when most people will participate, but you are welcome to shift the time to the start or end of your class. As many students may not be in class at this time, you are welcome to hold similar drills in other classes this day as well.
We especially encourage you and your employees or students to hold a brief drill starting at 10:18 AM with a few minute discussion afterwards.
For more information about the worldwide Great ShakeOut Earthquake Drill, visit www.ShakeOut.org. For suggested Earthquake tips, visit www.uaptc.edu/earthquake
- U.S. Department of Education awards $1.6 million dollar grant for UA-PTC students
- Fall 2022 tuition payment deadline is August 22
- Financial aid appeal deadline is August 15
- Swing for Scholarships golf tournament set for Sept 23
- Ani DiFranco reschedules UA-PTC CHARTS performance to Sept. 30
- UA-PTC student chefs compete in the American Culinary Federation’s National Convention in Las Vegas