UA-PTC to Host 40th Season of Ballet Arkansas
Ballet Arkansas, the state’s foremost ballet company, will kick off its 40th season October 19-21 with the visually stunning world premiere of Dracula in UA-PTC’s CHARTS Theater. The performance of the classic Bram Stoker tale is suitable for children of all ages and features high-resolution mixed media projections, 360-degree sound and breathtaking original choreography.
CHARTS will also host four additional Ballet Arkansas performances during its 2018/19 season, including two main stage performances and two Children’s Series presentations:
- Fire & Rain - February 14-17 – Original program featuring the drama and precision of classical ballet performed to the award-winning music of James Taylor.
- Mary Poppins – February 17 – Entertaining and interactive performance featuring video and 360-degree sound, brings the beloved nanny on stage to mesmerize young audiences.
- Forte – May 3-5 – A popular collaboration with internationally acclaimed musician Dr. Drew Mays highlighting some of the best-known classical and contemporary dance pieces of today.
- The Ugly Duckling – May 5 – Featuring laugh-out-loud comedy, this timeless tale offers a stimulating look at life that confronts the issue of bullying – perfect for children of all ages!
- "Generations" shows family's art at Windgate Gallery
- Dietary Manager program celebrates students' certification
- UA-PTC hosts Clothesline Project to raise awareness of domestic violence
- October features several student activities and events at UA-PTC
- October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month: It’s easy to stay safe online
- Grilled Sandwich Company coming to Little Rock-South Tuesday, Oct. 4