UA-PTC to Host 40th Season of Ballet Arkansas
Ballet Arkansas, the state’s foremost ballet company, will kick off its 40th season October 19-21 with the visually stunning world premiere of Dracula in UA-PTC’s CHARTS Theater. The performance of the classic Bram Stoker tale is suitable for children of all ages and features high-resolution mixed media projections, 360-degree sound and breathtaking original choreography.
CHARTS will also host four additional Ballet Arkansas performances during its 2018/19 season, including two main stage performances and two Children’s Series presentations:
- Fire & Rain - February 14-17 – Original program featuring the drama and precision of classical ballet performed to the award-winning music of James Taylor.
- Mary Poppins – February 17 – Entertaining and interactive performance featuring video and 360-degree sound, brings the beloved nanny on stage to mesmerize young audiences.
- Forte – May 3-5 – A popular collaboration with internationally acclaimed musician Dr. Drew Mays highlighting some of the best-known classical and contemporary dance pieces of today.
- The Ugly Duckling – May 5 – Featuring laugh-out-loud comedy, this timeless tale offers a stimulating look at life that confronts the issue of bullying – perfect for children of all ages!
- UA-PTC bookstore changes hands, Follett leaves June 14
- Get Psyche(d) at Windgate Gallery!
- Watch UA-PTC grad Jennifer Maune on MasterChef
- UA-PTC closed May 29 in observance of Memorial Day
- Naomi Mendoza receives UA System mini-grant
- Phi Theta Kappa completes spring service project at Pathfinder Preschool