Starting here helps veterans go further!
Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) is a precollege service that is free to eligible veterans and service members. The program prepares veterans who want to go to college free academic advising, academic refresher courses, placement testing, personal tutoring, cultural events, and much more.
“I meet veterans every day who would benefit from attending college,” said VUB Program Academic Coordinator Randall Aragon (LTC Ret., ARNG). “VUB offers these women and men a chance to brush up and get some confidence so they can take full advantage of a post-educational experience and the world of opportunities that higher education opens up, which may include a vocational certificate or a college degree, or both.”
Participants have recently attended Murry’s Dinner Playhouse and toured the Arkansas State Capitol, the Butler Center for Arkansas Studies, the Arkansas Entertainers Hall of Fame, and the Pine Bluff/Jefferson County Historical Museum.
Active participants are eligible to receive a stipend of $40 a month.
- Windgate Gallery to feature American Perspectives on Modernism
- Tax-free weekend begins Saturday, Aug. 4
- Current Student Advising for Fall Available! No Waiting! No Appointment Needed!
- Dr. Christy Oberste accepts Dean of the School of Fine Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences position
- CHARTS adds three big concerts to lineups
- Dr. John H. Lewis selected as Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid