Starting here helps veterans go further!
Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) is a precollege service that is free to eligible veterans and service members. The program prepares veterans who want to go to college free academic advising, academic refresher courses, placement testing, personal tutoring, cultural events, and much more.
“I meet veterans every day who would benefit from attending college,” said VUB Program Academic Coordinator Randall Aragon (LTC Ret., ARNG). “VUB offers these women and men a chance to brush up and get some confidence so they can take full advantage of a post-educational experience and the world of opportunities that higher education opens up, which may include a vocational certificate or a college degree, or both.”
Participants have recently attended Murry’s Dinner Playhouse and toured the Arkansas State Capitol, the Butler Center for Arkansas Studies, the Arkansas Entertainers Hall of Fame, and the Pine Bluff/Jefferson County Historical Museum.
Active participants are eligible to receive a stipend of $40 a month.
- Fine Arts Club hosts Terrifying Tales to Tell at Tech Oct. 28
- Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown! to show at Windgate Gallery
- Flu shots offered to UA-PTC students and employees
- Award-winning actress-singer Solonga to perform at UA-PTC CHARTS Theater
- Calling all artists! Can you create a new UA-PTC mascot?
- Early Childhood Development program to host open house Nov. 2