Opera in the Rock to host three performances this week
In advance of Opera in the Rock’s upcoming performance of Troubled Island, Ms. Biebescheimer will share about composer William Grant Still and tell the story of the creation of the opera, including Still's collaboration with librettist Langston Hughes. The following three Troubled Island cast members will each perform short musical excerpts, along with narrative that explains how these musical selections fit into the piece:
- Nisheedah Golden - in the role of Azelia
- Anthony Valley - Martel
- Charles A. Moore - Vuval
- Janine Tiner, piano (UA-PTC adjunct instructor/accompanist)
On Friday and Sunday, Opera in the Rock will present Troubled Island in its entirety at UA-PTC’s CHARTS Theater May 4 at 7:30 p.m. and May 6 at 3 p.m. Ticket information is available here.
The event is part of the college’s Big Rock on the Map Series, which brings writers, actors, artists, musicians, and professionals from all art disciplines to campus to foster appreciation and understanding of the arts.
For more information, contact Windgate Gallery and CHARTS Theater Coordinator Debra Wood at (501) 812-2715 or [email protected].
- Fine Arts Club hosts Terrifying Tales to Tell at Tech Oct. 28
- Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown! to show at Windgate Gallery
- Flu shots offered to UA-PTC students and employees
- Award-winning actress-singer Solonga to perform at UA-PTC CHARTS Theater
- Calling all artists! Can you create a new UA-PTC mascot?
- Early Childhood Development program to host open house Nov. 2