Technical Sciences students garner SkillsUSA awards
UA-PTC technical science students won several medals at the 2018 Arkansas SkillsUSA competition in Hot Springs April 10 and 11.
The UA-PTC Power Sports and Power Equipment Programs took Gold and Silver in two events. In the Motorcycle Service Technology competition, Jason Wedgworth won Gold and Keith Worsham took home Silver. Larry Byrd received a bronze medal in Motorcycle.
In Power Equipment Technology, Mervel Ward won Gold and Demetrius Williams won Silver.
“I’m glad to see these hardworking students recognized for the work and effort they put into preparing for the competition, “ said Michael Slater, Instructor of Power Sports/Equipment Technology.
The Gold medal winners will be invited to Skills USA Nationals and compete against the other state and US territory winners.
- U.S. Department of Education awards $1.6 million dollar grant for UA-PTC students
- Fall 2022 tuition payment deadline is August 22
- Financial aid appeal deadline is August 15
- Swing for Scholarships golf tournament set for Sept 23
- Ani DiFranco reschedules UA-PTC CHARTS performance to Sept. 30
- UA-PTC student chefs compete in the American Culinary Federation’s National Convention in Las Vegas