Technical Sciences students garner SkillsUSA awards
UA-PTC technical science students won several medals at the 2018 Arkansas SkillsUSA competition in Hot Springs April 10 and 11.
The UA-PTC Power Sports and Power Equipment Programs took Gold and Silver in two events. In the Motorcycle Service Technology competition, Jason Wedgworth won Gold and Keith Worsham took home Silver. Larry Byrd received a bronze medal in Motorcycle.
In Power Equipment Technology, Mervel Ward won Gold and Demetrius Williams won Silver.
“I’m glad to see these hardworking students recognized for the work and effort they put into preparing for the competition, “ said Michael Slater, Instructor of Power Sports/Equipment Technology.
The Gold medal winners will be invited to Skills USA Nationals and compete against the other state and US territory winners.
- "Generations" shows family's art at Windgate Gallery
- Dietary Manager program celebrates students' certification
- UA-PTC hosts Clothesline Project to raise awareness of domestic violence
- October features several student activities and events at UA-PTC
- October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month: It’s easy to stay safe online
- Grilled Sandwich Company coming to Little Rock-South Tuesday, Oct. 4