The group or organization using the Business & Industry Center of the University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College will comply with the laws of the State of Arkansas and the rules set forth by the University of Arkansas – Pulaski Technical College and its Business and Industry Center.
1. The rental group must complete and submit the online Rental Application. A Rental Agreement will then be sent to the applicant to complete and return for finalization of the Facility Rental.
2. Facility rental includes use of the specified room(s) at the specified times only.
3. Rental Hours are from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. If your group requires a rental on the weekend, a fee of $25 per hour ($100 minimum) will be charged for extra staff. After-hours or weekend rentals with additional staffing may require prepayment.
4. Daily Sign-in sheets of everyone in attendance during the rental are required to be turned in at the end of the rental. Sign-in sheets will be made available to renters as needed.
5. The rental group will be responsible for all persons in the group or organization and liable for all persons in attendance.
6. The rental group will assume liability for any damages done to the building or equipment and will leave the facility in satisfactory condition.
Failure to do so may result in the loss of consideration of future requests and/or the immediate cancellation of the rental
7. Catering: Beverage service only (coffee, tea, bottled water) can be provided by the Business and Industry Center for groups of 20 or less. Beverage Service Fee is $5 per person, per day and is provided at the beginning of the event. Catering (breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner) can be provided by UA-PTC Catering Services.
8. Room Set-up: Staff is provided for informational purposes only. Any other arrangements must be made by the rental group including room set-up and equipment/computer usage. All rooms have a standard configuration of tables and chairs. Any deviation from the original arrangement is the responsibility of the renter, including repositioning the room to its original formation.
9. Equipment/Computer usage: Rental groups bringing their own equipment/computers are responsible for equipment/computer set-up, including all extension cords, video cords, internet cords, etc. There will be no IT specialist available the day of your event. Please make arrangements to test your equipment prior to your event. You may call (501) 907-6670 to arrange a day and time for equipment testing. See our Facility Rental Rates and Room Information webpage for available technology in each room. Projectors are Mac/Apple laptop compatible. Loading any software on BIC computers is prohibited unless authorized by BIC staff. No food is allowed in the computer labs.
10. Rental Fees:
11. Cancellation/Refund Policy: A cancellation fee of $25 may be charged to renter if a written termination notice is not received by our office at least 7 days prior to the event.
As of August 1, 2010, all buildings and grounds of University of Arkansas – Pulaski Technical College are “SMOKE FREE.” In April 2009, Arkansas Gov. Mike Beebe signed the “Clean Air on Campus Act of 2009” that established a statewide smoking ban at all public institutions of higher education. This means that No Smoking is permitted on Business and Industry Center property.
Does your organization need customized training?
Find out how UA - Pulaski Tech can develop a customized program exclusively for your organization. UA-PTC assists qualified organizations with grant applications to offset training costs.